EXCELLENCE IN FAMILY BUSINESS AWARDS PROGRAM
AWARDS ARE OPEN TO ALL SECTORS
Food & Drinks | Transport & Logistics | Hotel & Leisure | Property & Construction | Manufacturing | Retail |Luxury Goods |
The awards are FREE to enter for family firms of all types, sizes and sectors, and shortlists will be determined and announced in the following categories:
FASTEST GROWING GULF FAMILY BUSINESS OF THE YEAR:
This award recognizes those family businesses that have demonstrated strong and sustained growth and show clear evidence of:
- How the business has achieved its growth and challenges you've overcome
- How you balance the interests of the family with the interests of the business.
- How the family values and the family members have guided the development of the business
- The key qualities that make your business a candidate for this award. For example: product and service development, financial growth and success, people development, innovation, overcoming adversity…
- The management structure of your business and how decisions are made.
- The business plans for sustaining positive performance in the future through current andfuture generations.
BEST YOUNG DIRECTOR WITHIN GULF FAMILY BUSINESS (<40)
This award is for the younger generation of family business directors and recognizes those individuals that have made a significant difference to their organization, with submissions covering:
- His role within the business and how his career has developed to date.
- Two or more examples of recent projects or initiatives that he has led and their positive impact upon the business.
- How he has achieved financial growth and/or major successful development within your organization.
- How he develops effective working relationships with both family and non-family members.
- The challenges and opportunities that he expects to face over the five years and how will you meet them.
- His future plans for the business, including how current and future generations will be involved.
MOST INFLUENTIAL WOMAN WITHIN GULF FAMILY BUSINESSES:
This award is to motivate women to be productive members of the society, while encouraging role models to rise up from the ranks and inspire other women around the world, especially in the Arab region. The award recognizes those individuals that have made a significant difference to their organization, with submissions covering:
- Her role within the business and how her career has influenced the business to date.
- Two or more examples of recent projects or initiatives that she has led and their positive impact upon the business.
- Details of her biggest achievement to date.
- How she develops effective working relationships with both family and non-family members.
- The challenges and opportunities that she is expecting to face over the five years.
BEST PRACTICE FOR SUCCESSION PLANNING WITHIN GULF FAMILY BUSINESSES
This award recognizes family businesses with a successful restructuring process to ensure a sustainable succession planning. The judges look for details of:
- What was the innovative and practical practice of your business’ succession planning?
- How the family values the restructuring process?
- How is the succession planning affecting the work motivation and development of the staff members?
- How does the succession planning practice operate and how does it help expand your business?
- Your future plans for the business and how you plan to maintain the succession planning throughout current and future generations.
AWARD SELECTION AND ANNOUNCEMENT
- Complete the award nomination form
- Complete the award category form which is sent to you following the approval of your nomination form
- You can nominate your own family business or your clients’ or friends’ family businesses
- Attach the needed documents
- All entries will be judged by our panel of independent judges drawn from leading family businesses, supported by the sponsors, the Awards team and professional bodies.
- A shortlist of 3 businesses will be decided for each award category.
- The shortlisted businesses in each category then go forward to an informal interview with the judging panel, who will want to find out more about the business and how they’ve made it a success. The interviews will help the judges select the winner.