Capacity of family businesses to be real partners in development
This session tackles the role to be carried by family businesses for the benefit of the state’s economy: Either those businesses maintain their status-quo or they become more effective models able to better contribute to development programs in their respective countries and human development programs, mainly through wealth planning and management as well as diversification of income sources.
Property as a social heritage for Gulf family businesses
- Planning and managing wealth in Gulf family businesses.
- Professionalism and vocationalism of Gulf family businesses in light of economic transformations.
- Role of Gulf family businesses in the growth of national economy as a development partner.
- Alternatives to Capital Allocation in Gulf family businesses.
- Diversification of income sources in Gulf family businesses.
This session addresses the family businesses owners’ view of their businesses as a social heritage founded and developed by previous generations and which should be sustained by future generations. It also discusses the difference between publicly-owned companies and family businesses, along with economic and legal challenges and the shift to human capital management and corporatization.
Governance to achieve success and continuity for Gulf family businesses
- Economic challenges and risks facing GCC family businesses.
- Legal and legislative challenges for the sustainability of Gulf family businesses and the role of commercial arbitration.
- Control in shareholding family businesses.
- Transforming into human capital in Gulf family businesses and its impact on institutional performance.
This session discusses the institutionalization of family businesses avoiding its fallout and governance that starts from the board of directors and its role in enhancing transparency and accountability. This session also addresses conflict management, exit strategies, role of technology in good governance and challenges faced by family businesses in managing their investments and governance.
Investment of Family Capital
- Role of the Board of Directors and independent directors in promoting transparency and accountability.
- Corporate governance in Gulf family businesses and implementation of governance systems.
- Conflict management and exit strategies in Gulf family businesses.
- Developing a digital roadmap for Gulf family businesses and an access mechanism to best practices.
- Management and governance of Gulf family investments.
This session addresses the promotion of entrepreneurship in family businesses, role of family funds in enhancing family capital, localization of knowledge through the adoption of creativity and innovation strategies, importance of the Family Pact in the stability of family businesses, management of emotional wealth within family businesses, in addition to planning leadership transition and succession in family businesses.
Sustainable Development in Gulf Family Businesses
- Entrepreneurship within the family business system and family funds in the Gulf family businesses.
- Creativity and innovation in Gulf family businesses and empowerment of local knowledge.
- Managing the emotional wealth of Gulf family businesses.
- Family Pact and its impact on the stability of Gulf family businesses.
- Future companies in Gulf Family Business and their succession planning.
This session discusses achieving quality sustainability within family businesses, enhancing their development roles by reducing creative accounting, applying modern international accounting standards, along with the roles of family businesses in society through their social responsibility and establishing an institutional Family Waqf. The session also tackles the role of scientific research in developing family work, ensuring its continuity and sustainability.
*Program Topics are subject to change
- Applying modern international accounting standards and its impact on creative accounting and how it affects family business .
- Social responsibility in Gulf family businesses.
- Family Waqf and its importance in the sustainability of family work.
- Scientific research and its role in the development of family work.
- Establishing and ensuring continuity of emerging family businesses.