In addition to the forum’s regular sessions, several other activities will be organized:
FAMILY BUSINESS TRANSITION
WAYS TO SUCCESSFULLY PASS ON THE TORCH
One of the major ways of ‘learning’ how to best pass the torch is through meeting with other businesses owners and experts in the industry. Hence, this study will showcase a successful family business transition while highlighting the challenges and obstacles it has surmounted and controversies it has resolved.
ESTABLISHMENT OF A UNIFIED GULF CENTER FOR FAMILY BUSINESSES
WHO, WHERE, WHEN, WHY, HOW?
This open discussion will open the floor to all the participating delegates to contribute to the possible creation of such a regional center.
Note: in the GFBF 1st edition, participants suggested that the role of the center would be as such:
- Develop a unified concept and definition of family businesses and classify them in a legal framework.
- Develop a guide for the governance of Gulf Family businesses and a guiding charter.
- Develop definitions and clarifications of internal and external risks that accompany the work of family businesses.
- Develop a guiding methodology for structuring family businesses and laying the foundations for jobs and employment to facilitate the process of proper succession in the ownership of companies in order to maintain their survival and increase their value and help them to improve their role in serving the community and providing continuous jobs.
- Set guidelines for how to shift to other corporate patterns.
- Conduct studies and researches in the field of developing the performance of Gulf Family businesses.
A Consultancy corner will accompany the Forum. This corner will provide a space for the forum’s delegates to meet and discuss their main concerns amongst each other and with professional consultants and experts from renowned global consultancy firms and think tanks. The consultancy sessions will last 15 min each and will cover the following:
SPECIAL PANEL DISCUSSION – VISION 2030
- B2B COUNSELING
- Family Business to Family Business
- Consulting Business to Family Business
- MIXED GENERATION COUNSELING
- First, second, and third generation scheduled meetings
- Mentorship session
RESTRICTED SESSION INVITATION ONLY
In light of the Saudi Vision 2030
, a pre-forum session will focus on family business companies in Saudi Arabia: Representatives from more than 75 top Saudi family businesses will attend this session to discuss the challenges and roles of Saudi family businesses in achieving 2030 vision.
This session will be attended by relevant authorities, namely, but not restricted to, the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Minister of Labor, President of CMA.